Local Authority Funding

Many local authorities have arts officers with a remit for supporting local and community arts; some also have a budget for arts projects.
Some local authorities fund groups who use video as a means of consultation with service users or to provide better access to information. If there is a particular social agenda or issue as part of your film, a local authority may provide some funding from its social services, youth work, sports or planning departments. Find out what grants they provide and see if your project fits into the criteria.

The funding officer for Cornwall County Council is Jayne Cotterill, Room 411, New County Hall, Truro, TR1 2RN
T 01872 322672

The National Council for Voluntary Organisations has a useful website: