KEAP and The Story Republic are very proud to be working on ‘Home Service’, a three year programme of work bringing great art to older people in care homes funded by Arts Council England and The Baring Foundation.
Key aims of Home Service:
- encourage residential care providers in partnership with arts organisations to commit to and invest in on-going programmes that give residents access to high quality arts experiences
- establish a series of sustainable, exemplar, programmes of arts and engagement activity giving older people in residential care access to a wide range of quality arts experiences as audiences and participants
- showcase artistic excellence in residential care settings and stretch aspiration for the range of arts that residents can access and experience outside of the care setting eg visits to local arts venues and events
- develop tools and resources for more residential care providers to adopt on-going programmes of arts engagement activity and to provide practical support for them to identify appropriate artists and local arts opportunities
- support the professional development of residential care staff to increase their confidence to deliver arts engagement programmes in their care settings
- support the professional development of artists to create collaborative arts projects with older people, their carers and the wider community through documentation, evaluation and dissemination
- stimulate debate and share learning about approaches to engaging older people in care in the arts and inspire others to develop best practice demonstrating the role of the arts in providing a voice for older people and bring local communities and people in care homes closer together
The Story Republic will be bringing writers into residential homes to collect residents’ stories, and rewrite them for performance by The Story Republicans.