The Golsoncott Foundation aims to promote, maintain, improve and advance the education of the public in the arts generally and in particular the fine arts and music. This includes providing access to the arts for young people and developing new audiences.
Grants vary according to context and are not subject to an inflexible limit, but they are unlikely to exceed £5,000 and are normally given on a non-recurrent basis.
Applications can be made at any time. The Trustees meet on a quarterly basis (February, May, August and November) to determine applications.
How to apply
All applications for awards should be sent by post by the end of the month preceding the month of the Trustees meeting, and should include the following:
• a clear and concise statement of the project;
• whether the award sought will be for the whole project or a component part;
• whether the applicant organisation is of charitable status;
• evidence that there is a clear benefit to the public;
• the amount requested should be specified;
• whether this is the only source of funding being sought (if not, all other sources of funding should be indicated, including those that have refused funding).
Wherever possible an annual report and accounts should accompany the application along with any other supporting information deemed relevant.
For more details write to the Golsoncott Foundation, 53 St Leonards Road, Exeter EX2 4LS or phone 01392 252855.