Truro Cathedral Primary Outreach Programme – A singing development programme for your primary school.
Sing to Success and Truro Cathedral with support from KEAP and the Cornwall Music Education Hub are very pleased to offer this highly acclaimed programme to primary schools in Cornwall.
The programme is one of development, not merely performance, and will build on previous singing experience in the school, introduce new repertoire, and work on a specific technique or skill. It will give your children the chance to perform in a magical setting, and to hear one of the finest Cathedral choirs in the country sing a Choral Evening.
The programme includes:
- 5 singing sessions of 1 hour duration at your school delivered by a Cathedral Scholar or a singing leader to prepare 3 songs for performance and introduce the songs to be performed by the Cathedral Choir as part of the Evensong so children have some background knowledge. A leaflet of information will be provided to each school.
- A whole Cathedral experience on the afternoon of the performance where 3 different activities will take place such as exploring the cathedral, a visit into the crypt and the day in the life of a chorister, trying on chorister gowns, rehearsal time with both the singing leader and teacher.
- A chance to hear the cathedral choir sing in a Choral Evensong at 5.30pm-6. 15pm.
- The schools’ concert will commence at 6.45pm
- Performance at a concert in Truro Cathedral to which parents and families can be invited (ticket price £4 adults/children free)