Call for Volunteers with The Writers’ Block
The Writers’ Block is an imaginative and customised space in the heart of Cornwall College in Pool dedicated to creative writing and literature. Our ambition is to become the Centre for Writing in Cornwall.
We currently run:
- programmes for reluctant writers with schools
- special projects for targeted groups of young people and adults
- an early years’ story sharing Little Story Seekers,
- holiday workshops, young writers and illustrators groups
- a Speakeasy for emerging writers
- a memory café
- writer events and a mini festival Ideas from the Attic
The ambition and programme is growing …
This is where we need your help.
We are a small team with big ideas and are looking for a small group of volunteers who have a passion for creative writing and working with young people and the community.
These are the different roles which we envisage will grow as we develop.
- Supporting writer-led sessions with young people (you would need both teaching and writing experience to do this)
- Supporting individuals with reading and writing (in the future)
- Helping at events
- Advocacy and publicity
At the moment this could be quite sporadic and is more likely to be one-off sessions or maybe over a 5 week period of once a week. It is unlikely to be on a weekly or monthly basis.
We shall have our first introductory meeting on: Tuesday 18th September from 5-7pm
Our first event with volunteers will a Fun Palace on Saturday 6th October from 10-3pm.
There will be other opportunities if you cannot make these dates.
How do I find out more?
Visit www.thestoryrepublic.co.uk/the-writers-block or www.keap.org.uk
Contact Amanda Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org 07712331421 if you would be interested in volunteering with us in the future.